Thursday, December 11, 2008

Being processed

The $16.50 has been sent (by credit card) and my request for a digital copy of my Dad's file is being processed, according to my online NAA order account. Imagine my surprise tonight when I checked my mail box and found a white envelope from the National Archives, "they've sent photocopies!", I said and opened the thing right there in my drive way. As I was ripping it open a stray thought occurred, "the envelope's not very big or fat, what if the file only had one page in it?"

Nothing of the sort, just an efficient federal public servant sending me a form letter (explaining the NAA's services), a payment advice form and some advice as to the costs involved with the various access options. I did glean from that I may have to wait 20 working days for my digital copies to appear and that the NAA will email when they are available. Disappointment.

No comments: